How to get admission in B.Sc. Biotechnology courses?
Biotechnology is a combination of Biology and Technology. Biotechnology deals with the study of biological areas along with the application of technology.
Bachelor in Science Degree (B.Sc.) in Biotechnology Honours comprises of detailed study of the cells and various other living components. It consists of detailed studies of these living components which can be further used for different experiments to deal with various diseases and natural hazards. It not only deals with humans, but with every other life form, for example, students also studies botany, immunology, molecular biology, maths, chemistry, etc in the biotechnology.
Anyone who has completed their 10+2 with Science is eligible for applying for graduate courses in Biotechnology (honours).
Best colleges/Universities to pursue B.Sc. in Biotechnology:
1. University Of Rajasthan, Jaipur
2. Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
3. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
4. Jamia Millia Islamia University
5. Gulbarga University, Andhra Pradesh
6. Amity Institute of Biotechnology, New Delhi
7. Bharti Vidyapeeth, Pune
8. Panjab University, Chandigarh
Higher Studies Options after Graduating in Biotechnology:
There are many courses that are available for students to choose from, after they have completed their graduation in Biotechnology:
1. M. Tech. in Biotechnology
2. Integrated PhD courses
3. Ph.D. Biotechnology
4. Master of Science in Medical Biotechnology
5. Master of Science in Applied Biotechnology
6. Master of Science in Zoology (Animal Biotechnology)
7. Master of Science in Biotechnology
8. Master of Philosophy in Biotechnology
9. Master of Science in Industrial Biotechnology
10. Master of Science in Marine Biotechnology
11. M.Sc. in Plant Biotechnology
12. Ph.D. in biological sciences
13. Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology
14. Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research
15. M.Sc. (Agriculture) Biotechnology
16. Graduate Diploma in Pharma Biotechnology
17. Master of Veterinary Science in (Animal) Biotechnology
18. M.Tech Biotechnology
19. Master of Science in. / Master of Veterinary Science in Veterinary Biotechnology
20. Master of Technology in Biomedical Engineering / Biotechnology
How to get admission in M.Sc. Biotechnology courses after B.Sc. Biotechnology?
One can take any of the following exams to qualify for the admissions to M.Sc. Biotechnology in relevant universities and colleges.
- JNU CEEB Combined Biotechnology Entrance Exam
It is Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University. On behalf of the participating Universities, JNU will hold Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination (CEEB) for admission to M.Sc. Biotechnology Programme being offered by various participating Universities.
- ICAR AIEEA PG Entrance Exam
Each Year Indian Council of Agricultural Research conducts this exam for Admissions to 25% Seats (100% seats of ICAR Deemed universities & DR. RP CAU PUSA) in Masters Degree Programmes of Agricultural Universities and award of ICAR-PG Scholarship/NTS (PGS) in Agriculture & Allied Sciences.
By clearing this entrance one can get admission into Plant Biotech & Molecular Biology/ Biotech, Animal Biotechnology, Animal Biochemistry, Animal Genetics and Breeding, Dairy Microbiology
- IIT JAM (Indian Institute Of Technology Joint Admissions Test For M.Sc)
It is an entrance exam to various professional courses such as:
• M.Sc (2 years)
• Joint M.Sc-PhD
Various IITs & IISc conduct this national level examination of JAM in the rotation. JAM is held in the month of February every year.
- AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Sciences) M.Sc Biotechnology Entrance Exam
Each year All India Institute of Medical Sciences invites application for admissions in M.Sc. Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Biophysics Reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology and Nuclear Medicine Technology Courses.
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School Admissions Exam
TIFR GS each year is conducted by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for Graduate School Admissions, Mumbai. The TIFR national level entrance exam for biology, TIFR GS, is also known as Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS).
- PU OCET Punjab University Common Entrance Test or OCET
This exam is conducted by Punjab University for admission to various courses which includes M.Sc. Biotechnology also.
How to get admission to Ph.D. program in biotechnology after M.Sc. or MBA?
There are different National Level Exams after M.Sc , B.Tech in Biosciences, Biotechnology, Zoology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, B.Pharm, M.Pharm etc.
1. CSIR UGC NET exam.
7. JNU PhD Entrance
9. NIPER PhD Entrance Exam
10. GTU PhD Entrance Exam
11. National Brain Research Centre, PhD Entrance Exam
12. BITS Pilani PhD Entrance Exam
13. AIIMS PhD Entrance Exam
14. IISC PhD Entrance Exam
15. NDRI PhD Entrance Exam
16. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) PhD Entrance Exam
17. Indian Agricultural Research Institute PhD Entrance Exam
18. IISER Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali PhD Admission
HOW TO GET ENROLLED FOR MBA PROGRAMS AFTER B.Sc. OR M.SC. IN BIOTECHNOLOGY?
Those candidates that have completed their graduation degree with above 50% marks are applicable for MBA course but the degree must be recognized. The marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category.
There are no age criteria so anybody can apply any time. Final year student are also applicable for this course.
All students that have completed their B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biotechnology and have more than 50% marks are eligible for getting admission in MBA.
List of the Best MBA Entrance Exam in India:
- COMMON ADMISSION TEST (CAT)
- MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST
- XAVIERS APTITUDE TEST
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE
- AIIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA)
Pattern of MBA entrance exam:
- Mathematics Skills.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning.
- Indian and Global Environmental.
- Language Comprehension.